Byron E. Talbot Contractor, Inc. strongly believes that the safety of our employees is of utmost importance. We place a high value on conducting our business with respect and care towards people and the environment. Through leadership, dedicated employees, subcontractors who follow our example, and ownership that embraces a culture of safety, Byron E. Talbot Contractor, Inc. sets the highest standards of safety in our industry.
Our leaders and employees are trained to maintain a quality work environment which promotes the well-being of the communities we serve.
SAFETY AWARDS: (Awarded by Raffles Insurance, Ltd.)
2005- 2006 SAFETY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
2007-2008 SAFETY ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
2010-2011 GOLD SAFETY AWARD
2013-2014 RISK MANAGER OF THE YEAR AWARD
SAFETY AUDITING SERVICES WE USE:
– PEC PREMIER
OUR 10 LIFESAVING RULES:
1. Always wear PPE as required.
2. 100% fall protection required on unguarded areas 6’ or higher.
3. Never enter an excavation/trench unless properly shored.
4. Always use proper technique when lifting.
5. Know your emergency procedures, contacts, routes, and safe areas.
7. Complete a JSA before doing a task.
8. Always report near misses and injuries/accidents ASAP.
9. Always operate equipment in a safe manner.
10. Do it safe or not at all.
H.E.S (HEALTH, ENVIRONMENTAL AND SAFETY) PROGRAMS
• BBS – Behavior Based Safety
• SWA – Stop Work Authority
• SSE – Short Service Employee
• PTW – Permit To Work
• JSA – Job Safety Analysis
• RCA – Root Cause Analysis
• Employee Safety Committee
Quote from Mr. Sal Rabito, Senior Loss Control Consultant with Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc., taken from a recent risk assessment dated May 5, 2015:
“Troy and his field management staff understand the importance of remaining claims free and are working hard to accomplish this objective. Troy’s positive influence over the superintendents, foremen, and workers is very evident as he commands respect from all involved. The key to your creation of a solid safety culture starts with Mr. Byron’s commitment in the provision of a safe work environment for his valued employees. Byron’s drive has permeated through all stages and levels of management, and with Troy as his supported point man, your program is bound to succeed.”